Whether you purchased the HP TouchPad for the initial price of $499 or caught the firesale last week for $99, there may come a time that you need to recover, flash it back to stock, or simply erase information from the tablet.
There are two tutorials to follow if you should ever need to flash or recover the HP TouchPad to its original state as well as upgrade the tablet.
Easiest, User Friendly TouchPad Flash Recovery
- Go to http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
- Select the HP TouchPad
- Click Log Into Palm Profile and Log In
- Click Device Options
- Click webOS Doctor
- Follow the steeps to run the software. This will reef your device and install the latest version of webOS
Advanced User HP Touchpad Upgrade or Flash Back to Stock
- Download the file (keep in mind this is Version 3.0.2)
- Double click the file to run the software
- Continue the setup until you get to the point where it asks you to connect your TouchPad with the USB cable (Do not connect the TouchPad yet)
- Shut down the Touchpad by holding the power option and then selecting Shut Down. (If the options do not come up, hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 5-10seconds)
- Start up the device by holding the Power button and the Volume Up button to boot the HP TouchPad into Recovery Mode (you will see the USB logo on your screen)
- Now connect your TouchPad to the computer and hit the next button on your screen.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for the application to finish which it well tell you the device is resetting. A small HP logo will appear on your Touchpad and you can disconnect the USB
- Now you should be able to login or create an account!