Apple has finally announced what they are calling the “new iPad”. Right now we are in the midst of the presentation so no word on the iPad 3 or iPad HD name.
- 3G & 4G LTE connectivity – 4G LTE through AT&T and Verizon in the US with blazing speeds. Supports HSPA+ up to 21Mbps, dual carrier HSDPA for up to 42Mbps, LTE for up to 72Mbps.
- Retina display with resolutions of 2048×1536, 3.1 million pixels at 264 dpi
- A5X Processor, quad core graphics – Will provide improved performance and 4 times the graphical performance of the iPad 2.
- 1GB of RAM (double the iPad 2)
- 5 MP iSight Rear camera – Advanced optics with IR filter, Autofocus and white balance, Face detection.
- 2 MP front facing camera
- 1080p video recording
- Siri dictation
- 10 hour battery life, 9 hour battery on 4G
- 9.4mm thick at 1.4lbs
- iOS 5.1
- Pre-order Today, available on March 16
- 16GB – $499
- 32Gb – $599
- 64GB – $699
Wi-Fi and 4G LTE
- 16GB – $629
- 32Gb – $729
- 64GB – $829