Do It Yourself iPhone Tripod Mount
Cameras and camcorders keep getting better everyday. But I started to realize that for most of what I want to do, I can simply use my iPhone or iPod Touch to take pictures or video. They take HD video just fine. The only draw back I find is that they do not have optical zoom, which most of the time is not terrible because I don’t need to zoom. Another thing is convenience, we all seem to carry our iPhones with us everywhere and it is always charged.
So one day I decided I’ll just sell my camcorder and use the iPhone to record videos, but how do I get it to stand on the tripod? Most decent mounts I found were relatively expensive and others just seemed to be made cheap. If I was going to go with cheap, I’ll just make it myself.
As it turns out it was easier than I thought. I had a few extra spring clamps I hadn’t used yet so I just needed to figure out a way to get that to mount on the tripod.
What You’ll Need: (found at your local hardware store)
- 2″ Spring Clamp
- 1/4″ coupling nut
- 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ bolt
- Phillips screwdriver
Creating Your iPhone Tripod Mount:
- Remove the screw and nut from the center of the spring clamp
- Insert new bolt through center of clamp
- Attach coupling nut to other side
- Now screw onto tripod!
- »iPhone DSLR Camera Mount (Professional Photography)
- »Facebook Launches Official Messaging App for iPhone, iPod Touch, And Android
- »How To Remove Carrier IQ From iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
- »iMessage Brings Instant Messaging to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- »Download iOS 5.1.1 For iPhone, iPad, And iPod Touch. Jailbreakers Beware