I recently upgraded my Motorola Atrix which is rooted and has an unlocked bootloader to the newest 4.5.141 firmware over the air only to be soft bricked. I got the message “Failed To Boot 4 Starting RSD Mode”. I was thinking hey, I have an awesome paper weight. After much research I now have my Atrix 4G phone successfully running Gingerbread 2.3.6 on the 4.5.141 firmware.
What I Did: flashed firmware 4.5.91 sbf to the phone and got the “Failed to boot 1″ message. Then I flashed the 4.5.141 sbf to the phone and it booted right up.
Disclaimer: DigitalTweaker is in no way responsible for any hardware or software issues encountered by using this. This method worked for us therefore we are sharing.
How To Flash 4.5.141 Firmware SBF To The Motorola Atrix
- Download and Install RSD Lite 5.6
- Download Motorola Atrix 4.5.141 SBF
- Make sure device is fully charged
- Be sure drivers are installed on your computer for your Atrix
- Turn off phone
- Remove SD card and SIM card to be safe
- Turn on phone
- Device should still show the “Failed To Boot 4 Starting RSD Mode” error
- Open RSD Lite that you just installed
- Press the “…” button next to “Filename” box
- Select the SBF file you just downloaded. It should be named “1FF-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P012.sbf.gz”
- You will be asked to extract or cancel, hit extract (button on far left in popup)
- Plug in your Motorola Atrix
- RSD Lite should recognize the device and say “Connected”
- Press the “Start” button
- Wait until RSD Lite is 100% complete and the phone has completely rebooted and running
- You should now be on Gingerbread 2.3.6 with firmware 4.5.141 and ready to go!