In this tutorial, I will show you how to get your Samsung Captivate Android phone back to stock by flashing the stock rom back onto the device. This may be useful if your phone has issues, has become bricked due to flashing other roms, or whatever the case may be.
In my case, I just bought the Captivate off Ebay and it already had a custom rom called Darky Rom on it. This would have been fine, but it would not read the SIM card. I figured flashing the Samsung Captivate back to its original state would fix the problem and it did!
Also, this method will make the SIM unlocked which will allow you to use other carriers such as T-Mobile.
How To Get Your Samsung Captivate Back To Stock Rom
- If possible, put your phone into USB Debugging mode (Go to Settings>Applications>Development and check USB Debugging
- Be sure your computer has the drivers installed for your Samsung Captivate and is recognized by your computer. You can do this by connecting your device to the computer via USB and allowing the drivers to install automatically. If they will not install, you can download drivers below.
- Download Odin3 One-Click and unzip
- Open Odin (the only file there)
- Put your phone into Download Mode by powering off the device, hold down both volume up and volume down buttons at the same time, and plug the USB from the computer into the phone.
- Odin should recognize your phone
- Click Start
- Be patient, this will take several minutes and then your Samsung Captivate will be up and running on the stock rom the factory.